Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Desi-Western Fashion Fusion


Hey lovelies! Lately I have been having so much fun combining Desi and Western fashion! For those of you who don't know, I was born in the U.S., but my background is Guyanese/Hindu (Indian). I love embracing both sides of who I am and I most certainly have fun on fusing the two styles. 


As we're all stuck at home, this is the norm for me, as I work from home so I mostly spend my days glued to my laptop and phone-editing and creating content for you guys. My camera is another thing that is glued to me. I came up with fun photo ideas and fun video concepts including these styles and lots of you have been loving them! That makes me super happy! I adore this first look, it really embraces both sides of me so well.



I had to pop a bindi on with this look, it added the perfect touch:)


I grabbed a camisole, fluffy cardigan and added some gorgeous red earrings and BOOM!


This was another look that I did, there's a video on my Instagram that showcases how I achieved this makeup look. I added a bindi, some gorgeous Indian earrings and some beaded bracelets which were from Rue 21. 


This top was from H&M and it went perfectly with this bindi that I had, so I just slapped it on and bam! It tied the whole look together, by the way these super cute pants are from Target!


These bracelets from Rue 21 compliment this top so nicely. 


This dress had that "Desi" feel and it just looked so nice with my bindi, earrings and nose ring (which is fake by the way).


Ha! This one is definitely my favorite! I live for acid wash, high-waisted jeans! I just draped a scarf that came with a lengha around my tube top and tucked it into my jeans and boom, my version of a sari haha! I honestly find sari's very uncomfortable, I rather a lengha or something with pants. Of course, this look wouldn't be completed without a bindi and Indian jewelry. 



These headshots were fun to experiment with, I had a blast! I changed into a silver tube top and added a different necklace and bam! Another look was achieved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Relax, Recharge, Go get em'!

 We often overwork ourselves and get so caught up in life that we forget to stop, relax, and recharge! This is not healthy for us, don't...